Demi Masa

Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Girl Worth Fighting For


Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

All praise to Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Peace be upon Rasulullah SAW.

Assalamu'alaikum, readers.

Been awhile since my last post, I guess. Building up my strength after a feeling like losing a battle. Then someone said, "lost the battle doesn't mean losing the war." 

Yeah, indeed. Thanks.

Holidays started. And I heard many of my friends are getting married. Sure, I'm happy for them. Barakallaahu lakum. As for me, I'm not even close to that phase. Still learning and finding the meaning of life. Will do someday, insyaAllah. May that day come at the right time and situation.

Instead of getting married, never cross to my mind of having so-called 'relationship' thing. Maybe, years ago, I thought having someone to take care of me, love me and listen to my problems is wonderful. Yet, growing up taught me it is not so. Life isn't just go around that. 

And, instead of looking for a perfect spouse, which I doubt there will be one, why not improving ourselves to be the dream one? A girl worth fighting for, perhaps.

But think again, is it worth to be a girl-worth-fighting-for?

Let's just change the phrase to a nicer one, a girl-worth-married-to rather than a girl-worth-fighting-for. Why is that so? 

First, guys who fight for a girl are just humiliating themselves. It shows that they care more about a girl than about their brothers. Isn't that sucks? I'm for sure would reject those guys. Well, to be that girl-fighting-for is also not worth it if it's just the matter of being somebody's girlfriend-break up-find another-be somebody's again-break up.. Stop. The cycle is there.

Second, I believe if man respects a woman, they won't fight for her. They will honor them. Have heard the love story between Saidina Ali and Saidatina Fatimah? They both fall for each other, secretly. One admires another. Yet, they won't confess their feeling till the right time came. 


Saidina Ali regarded himself did not suit Fatimah, daughter of Rasulullah. He was a poor young man. When Abu Bakar and then Umar proposed Fatimah, Ali felt that surely, he was not as the same level as them. Yet both proposal was rejected delicately by Rasulullah. A father knows what the best for his daughter. When Ali proposed Fatimah, Rasulullah with no doubt accept the proposal.

Well known of the story, they confess their feeling after they get married and it was the sweetest love story I've ever heard.

And, yeah. Those khulafa' didn't fight to get Fatimah. They did it in a decend and honorable way. Indeed.

What are the criteria of being a girl-worth-fighting-for?


Hmm, let's ask the brothers. They might have the answer. 

Rasulullah already stated in his hadith:


Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A woman may be married for four reasons: for her property, her status. her beauty and her religion, so try to get one who is religious, may your hand be besmeared with dust.

 

No comments: